Danish Chamber Of Commerce Hong Kong (“DCC HK”) is committed to ensuring that all personal data provided under various applications and notifications are handled in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance.
Personal data collected and held
In order to provide a better service to you, we may collect information when you join our chamber as an individual member or as chamber representative for your company, attend our functions, use our services, register with us or communicate with us. The typical types of information held by DCC HK are basic contact details (such as name, job title, company name, address, email, telephone and fax numbers).
Purposes of collecting and keeping personal data
The main purposes for which personal data are kept and used by DCC HK include:
- To provide services or information to facilitate business interest or operation of our members in Hong Kong
- To email communications, newsletters and invitations
- For registration of events.
We may conduct direct marketing via email, direct mail, telephone and other means of communication whether now or hereafter know or send e-newsletters to you. You may choose not to receive these, by simply emailing us (see below for contact details), and we will cease to do so, without charge. If applicable law required that we receive your explicit consent before we send you certain types of marketing communications, we will only send you those types of communications after receiving your explicit consent.
Privacy of personal data
The data collected will be kept confidential. DCC HK will not divulge or sell personal details to external parties for their own purpose. DCC HK may however provide contact information to:
- Individual members, corporate members and other companies requiring information of service or product providers.
Security and retention of personal data
Only authorised people have access to, custody of and the means of using personal data DCC HK collects. DCC HK promotes a privacy-aware culture that respects and is sensitive to the rights of its external contacts.
Data captured on-line or via DCC HK website are retained on DCC HK’s third-party server in Europe and thereby is under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
DCC HK retains personal data so long as the data are still required for the purposes mentioned above.
Access to and correction of personal data
An individual may request access to his/her personal data held by DCC HK pursuant to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. In addition, an individual may also request for correction of his/her personal data held by DCC HK if he/she considers the data are inaccurate.
Under the Hong Kong Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, you have the right:
- to check whether we hold personal data about you and to access such data
- to require us to correct inaccurate data
- to ascertain our policies and practices in relation to personal data and the kind of personal held by us
- to require us to remove your name and contact details from our member’s directory at our website.
If you are in an EU Member State, subject to certain limitation and/or restrictions, you have the right under the data protection laws in the EU:
- to request access to and rectification or erasure of your personal data
- to obtain restriction of processing or to object to processing of your personal data
- to the right to data portability
Individuals in the EU also have the right to lodge a complaint about the processing of their personal data with their local data protection authority.
Data correction or request for access to own data hall be made to DCC HK by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org